The ice is getting thick on many Iowa lakes and streams, tempting would-beice fishermen and women to drill holes for their sport. Jim Christianson isa fisheries biologist who works out of the Department of Natural Resources’Spirit Lake office isn’t willing to label any ice, even if it’s a footthick, as totally “safe”. Christianson says some drive vehicles onto the ice and build “shanties” thatlook like an out-house over their fishing hole to provide protection fromthe elements when the line’s are dangling in the water.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Ernst saved from choking during Senate GOP lunch
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record
- Casey DeSantis a key surrogate for DeSantis2024 in Iowa