An official now says the weekend death of an eastern Iowa hunter was -not-suspicious. The Linn County medical examiner says the death was from naturalcauses. A Springville man who was found unconscious Saturday afternoon on acounty road near his pickup truck in the Mount Vernon area. 49-year-old JohnLentz reportedly collapsed while walking across a deep snow-covered fieldwhile deer hunting. Two other hunters saw Lentz was in trouble and called9-1-1. He later died at a Cedar Rapids hospital.
- Waterloo looking at several species to replace lost ash trees
- Sioux City issues a warning after several drivers go by stopped school buses
- State Auditor’s report on Iowa schools’ administrative costs
- Plan to merge Des Moines Waterworks with other systems moving forward
- IDP chair says she’s focused on recruiting leaders for county parties
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
UNI receives grant to turn old photos into interactive exhibit
UNI receives grant to turn old photos into interactive exhibit - Radio Iowa
An archival photography project at the University of Northern Iowa has landed a federal grant to help its users ...
Home test - Radio Iowa
Unhealthy air detected in parts of the state from Canadian wildfire smoke
Unhealthy air detected in parts of the state from Canadian wildfire smoke - Radio Iowa
The wildfire smoke from Canada is back over Iowa once again. Brian Hutchins at the DNR Air Quality Bureau says ...
Banks in Sioux, Lyon County the target of check cashing fraud
Banks in Sioux, Lyon County the target of check cashing fraud - Radio Iowa
The Sioux and Lyon County Sheriff Departments are working with local police trying to identify individuals involved ...