Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley is relishing tomorrow’s opening of the 107th Congress as he becomes chairman of the powerful Senate Finance Committee. The republican from New Hartford calls it the “quality of life committee” as it handles more issues that effect people’s lives than any other committee.Grassley says his agenda will focus on expanding economic opportunities for individuals and families through tax relief and expanded trade. He also wants to improve the quality of life for older Americans through the reform of health care, Social Security and pensions. Grassley says this Congress is at an historic juncture in American politics.It’s the first time in 48 years both houses of Congress and the White House are controlled by republicans.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!