The mother of a two-year-old Dubuque girl who suffered burns in an apartment fire last night could face charges, as she left her kids home alone. Two-year-old Jade Harris is in critical condition at University Hospitals in Iowa City. Investigators believe the fire was started by Jade’s five-year-old brother, who was playing with a lighter. Cops say the boy started the fire, then fled. A neighbor heard the girl’s screams and rescued her. The boy wasn’t hurt and has been placed in foster care.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature