Morningside College has named Steve Ryan as its new football coach. Ryan had been an assistant coach at Ottawa University in Kansas and this will be his first head coaching stint.Ryan takes over a program moving into a new stage. The school announced last October it will be leaving the North Central Conference and the division-two ranks. The football program will not play games next fall and move to division three in 2002.Ryan will recruit freshmen for next season and all will be redshirted before the program returns to the field in 2002.Ryan replaces Dave Elliott, who resigned at the end of last season. Morningside athletic director Beth Sibenaller says school officials are looking at options for future conference membership.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Senate backs ‘American Cream’ breed as Iowa’s official state horse
- Iowans are living longer, creating concern about paying for retirement
- State universities dealing with delays in FAFSA information being released
- Meteorologist says Iowa countryside is ‘extremely combustible’
- Iowa’s Sandfort claims pair of weekly honors