The Iowa Appeals Court has upheld the 60-year prison sentence of a Center Point man accused of trying to kill his estranged wife with a car bomb. 52-year old Glen Muzingo contended he should not have been convicted of three charges and given three sentences for one crime. Muzingo was convicted of first-degree arson, attempted murder and willful injury. He was also given 37 months in prison on federal charges of possessing a machine gun and stealing items from a safe deposit box. The 1990 car bombing happened outside Terri Muzingo’s home. She lost an eye and an arm and suffered other injuries in the bombing.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk