The death of a 19-year-old Cedar Rapids man who fell from a cruise ship off the coast of Florida has been ruled accidental. Authorities say Michael Hepner died from head and neck injuries caused by impact with the water after he fell 80 feet off the Carnival ship’s deck. Hepner was vacationing with his girlfriend and her family. Early Sunday, the couple got into an argument and Hepner lowered himself over the rail, slipped and fell in. The body was recovered by a Coast Guard helicopter. Hepner was a student at Indiana University and had attended Iowa State University last fall. The funeral will be held in Indiana.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!