Eighteenth ranked Wisconsin outscored Iowa 42-25 in the second half as the Badgers handed the 14th ranked Hawkeyes their first Big Ten defeat 67-54 last night in Madison. Iowa led for the first 30-minutes of the contest but a 12-1 Badger midway through the second half gave them control of the game. Iowa coach Steve Alford says the Badgers won the game with defense and his team didn’t play particularly well. He says their shots didn’t fall and their defense didn’t respond.Freshman center Jared Reiner says the Hawks let an opportunity slip away. He says the positive is that they still remain on top of the conference.Reiner says the Hawkeyes learned a valuable lesson, defense wins ballgames.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Tonight is final GOP debate before 2024 Iowa Caucuses
- Dreaming of a white Christmas? New Iowa map shows your chances
- Appeal denied for man convicted of murder outside Pisgah bar
- More people call for Woodbury County Supervisor to resign
- Congressman Feenstra says soaring national debt continues to be a concern