Iowa Congressman Leonard Boswell is asking the Federal Communications Commission to take action to clear up problems in the new 6-4-1 area code. The new area code was split off the 5-1-5 area code and went into use December 1st. Boswell, a democrat from Davis City, lives in the new area code.He found out after the shift to the new area code that some his constituents couldn’t get through. Boswell says it’s a problem with long distance carriers converting their equipment. He’s heard complaints from others with problems in calling into the 6-4-1 area code.Boswell wants the F-C-C to make the phone companies fix their equipment.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Nunn says expelled US House, Senate members shouldn’t get gov’t pensions
- Congresswoman Hinson says legislation needed to address border issues
- Ida Grove woman charged in death of her young son
- Supreme Court reverses ruling giving Manchester man a third attempted murder trial
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities