A 29-year-old central Iowa artist has won 10-thousand dollars for painting a mural in Prairie Meadows’ newly expanded Casino. James Navarro won in a competition against 40 other artists. Prairie Meadows spokeswoman Daryl Lewis says the mural is more than just artwork.The mural, which is 22 feet by 45 feet, has a golf scene, farmers, students and even fire fighters, but lacks horses or any gambling image. It hangs over the casino’s west entrance. Lewis hopes the mural shows Prairie Meadows is more than just a gambling institution. Ten other artists won cash prizes in the mural competition, and their small-scale murals are also on display in the casino.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Senate GOP aims to eliminate state income tax
- With deer season underway, Iowa hunters are urged to secure their shotguns
- Register’s ‘Iowa Poll’ shows Trump lead growing
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker