The Iowa State Patrol will officially recognize the re-opening of the Denison district office in a ceremony today. Patrol spokesman Sergeant Robert Hansen says the office was closed in 1997.The office was closed as part of a reorganization of staff. Hansen says it was re-opened January 2nd after requests from local law officers and the public. Hansen says officers that had been absorbed by two other posts will return to Denison.He says the State Patrol will now have a stronger presence in the area.The patrol will hold an open house at the Denison office from 10:30 a-m until 2 p-m today.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature