Davenport police have charged the owner of two dogs in connection with a weekend attack on a jogger. Police say two rottweilers owned by Elizabeth Elwood of Davenport attacked the woman jogger Saturday. A man stopped and helped fend off the dogs with a shovel and took the woman to the hospital. Elwood is charged with two counts of harboring a vicious animal and two counts of allowing a dog to run at-large. Both charges are simple misdemeanors carrying a 125-dollar fine and 30 days in jail. The dogs are under observation at the county animal shelter.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness