The return of the “old guard” continues at Newton-based appliance maker Maytag. William Beer is returning to Maytag to head the company’s major appliance division. Beer worked for 25 years at Maytag before leaving in 2000. Beer’s return follows that of Maytag Chairman and CEO Leonard Hadley. Hadley rejoined the company in November after the resignation of Lloyd Ward.The return of Beer is good news to the President of the U-A-W union representing Maytag production workers. Union president Patt Teed says Beer has been a favorite of workers. Maytag has about 35-hundred employees.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal