After the latest cutting of interest rates by the Federal Reserve Board,there’s renewed Congressional discussion of President Bush’s plan to cuttaxes to jump-start the lagging economy. Iowa Senator Tom Harkin, a democrat,says he does NOT like the republican president’s proposal. Harkin alsodisagrees with those who say a sweeping tax cut could ward off a recession.The Fed cut an important interest rate Wednesday by a half-percentage point,less than a month after its most recent cut. New economic numbers show theeconomy was even weaker than expected in the last quarter.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness