Another department store chain is closing stores across the region,including eight stores in Iowa, wiping out 25-hundred jobs. The ShopKodiscount department store chain is closing 23 stores in the Midwest. Thoseon the list include Clinton, Coralville, Muscatine, Keokuk, Bettendorf,Spencer and two in Cedar Rapids. The Green Bay, Wisconsin-based ShopKo saysthe closings are due to a reorganization. No closing dates have been set.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness