Another republican is considering a bid for Governor. State Senator Jeff Lamberti of Ankeny, the son of Casey’s General Stores founder Don Lamberti, says he’s thinking about the idea of running for Governor.Lamberti, who is 38-years-old, was elected to the Iowa House in 1994. He was elected to the state Senate in ’98. He’s presently chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee, which puts him at the table in behind-closed-doors meetings about the state budget. Lamberti says he likes “big picture stuff” and believes he’d make a good Governor. He’s set no deadline for a decision.Lamberti is a graduate of Drake Law School. Lamberti’s also considering running for Congress, but he says that’s unlikely. Lamberti says he might even leave politics and his law practice for the business world. House Speaker Brent Siegrist of Council Bluffs says next week, he’ll make HIS decision about running for Governor.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime