The Northern Iowa Panthers take a 1-9 Missouri Valley mark into Saturday’s game at Illinois State. Scoring has been a problem for U-N-I and coach Sam Weaver is hoping that junior college transfer Booker Warren’s return will help.Weaver says offense dictates how the Panthers fare on a given night.Drake looks for their ninth straight home victory tomorrow night against Bradley. The Bulldogs are coming off an 80-55 victory over Evansville on Wednesday which equaled the second longest, single-season, home-court-winning streak in history. Sophomore Andry Sola posted his second straight double double with 21-points and 13-rebounds against Evansville. Kanaskie says the transfer from George Washington has elevated his play during the conference race.Senior forward Joey Gaw equaled his career high with 16-points against the Aces and says the Bulldogs have added confidence right now.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature