The Iowa State University student suffering from bacterial meningitis is slightly better.The I-S-U student has been in an Ames hospital since Wednesday and his condition has been upgraded to serious. He had been in critical condition as a result of the infection of fluid in his spinal cord and brain. Officials say another student who came into close contact has an infection of the bloodstream called meningiococemia. That student isn’t in the hospital, as the bacteria hasn’t infected the brain or central nervous system.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal