For a second-straight day, Iowa’s democrat Senator Tom Harkin has joined a republican Congressman from Iowa to tout common goals. Congressman Jim Leach, a republican from Davenport, is pushing an election reform bill in the U-S House that’s similar to one Harkin’s pushing in the Senate.Leach says election reform is an issue that can’t be ducked.Harkin says flaws in voting systems should be examined.Harkin says his bill and Leach’s would set up a bipartisan commission to examine election laws, procedures, and voting methods. He says there needs to be some standardization of technology, and the government will have to come up with the resources to deal with the issue.Leach and Harkin held a telephone conference call with Iowa reporters this morning. Yesterday, Harkin and Congressman Greg Ganske, a republican from Des Moines, appeared at a Washington, D-C news conference to show their support of a “Patient’s Bill of Rights”.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response