There was a celebrity sighting in Iowa’s capitol building Thursday. President Nixon’s daughter, Julie Nixon Eisenhower, was on hand to praise an Iowa program that helps troubled high schoolers gain confidence and get a job. Nixon Eisenhower says the “Jobs for America’s Graduates” program operates in 15 Iowa high schools. A job specialist works with the kids and encourages them.She was on hand to give Iowa’s program a national award for its success rate. Eisenhower says the state has a 98-percent graduation rate with the students that “could’ve fallen through the cracks.””Jobs for America’s Graduates” sites: Council Bluffs, Glenwood, Des Moines, Marshalltown, Burnside, Storm Lake, Hampton, DeWitt, Clinton, Goose Lake, Waterloo EXPO, Perry, Sumner, Sioux City West, West Des Moines Walnut Creek Alternative School.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!