Kent Williams scored ten of his game high 29-points in overtime as Southern Illinois edged Drake 89-84 in the Knapp Center, handing the Bulldogs their fourth straight loss. It also was the second straight overtime loss for Drake. Bulldog coach Kurt Kanaskie says his team played with a lot of heart, but got out rebounded in the second half and that hurt them. The game featured 29-lead changes in regulation and Aaron Thomas forced the extra session with a basket with four seconds remaining for Drake.Thomas led the Bulldogs with 20-points and eight assists.Thomas says despite being down to just seven scholarship players, fatigue is not an excuse.Drake is 5-8 in the Valley and 9-13 overall.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Congressman Feenstra says soaring national debt continues to be a concern
- Federal judge blocks carbon pipeline zoning rules in two Iowa counties
- Weather warm up is on the way
- Model shows how weather can impact the success of deer hunters
- Study showing rise in suicide rates could be particular worry for Iowa