An eastern Iowa racecar driver has settled a civil suit involving an incident during a race. 42-year old David Dains of Marengo will pay a member of a pit crew just over 100-thousand dollars for an incident in which he rammed his vehicle into another driver. Shawn Kibe of Waterloo was a pit crewmember for the other driver and was injured during the incident. Dains was sentenced to five years in prison on criminal charges, and is appealing that conviction.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Bill tightens Iowa’s ban on foreign ownership of farmland
- House sends governor repeal of Iowa’s gender balance rule for boards, commissions
- Humboldt Middle School teacher charged with sexual exploitation of a student
- Lawmaker launches converation about cutting Iowa casino taxes
- Author of the Bass Reeves trilogy to appear in Iowa tonight