Iowa’s two U-S Senators will introduce a bill this week that would set up a National Guard “Counter-drug School” at Camp Dodge in central Iowa, near Des Moines. Senator Chuck Grassley says there are only four of these schools in the U-S and none of them are in the Midwest.The school would serve as a training center for state and local law enforcement agencies. The current schools are in Pennsylvania, Florida, Mississippi and California. Grassley and Senator Tom Harkin will team up to offer the legislation on Thursday.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Haley calls Alabama debate a scrum, CNN to host Iowa debate in January
- Canadian National buying Iowa Northern Railway
- Report finds farmland holding value in face of economic issues
- Late Hollywood legend Norman Lear touted ‘I come from Des Moines’ (AUDIO)
- Check the labels before hanging holiday lights to avoid a fire