Today is “Iowa Plastics Day” as the leaders of that industry remind people how much of their daily lives are effected by the material. Flora Schmidt, executive director of the Iowa Plastics Industry Consortium, says more than 230 Iowa companies are directly involved in plastics.More than 20-thousand Iowans work in plastics, creating three-point-three billion dollars in annual shipments. Schmidt says that amount is a 32-percent increase in the past five years.Schmidt says people sometimes don’t realize the influence of a particular product. She says plastic is used in almost every part of our life.Plastics processing is the fourth largest manufacturing industry in the U-S.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Taylor will not resign as county supervisor after wife’s voter fraud convictions
- Ramaswamy calls on Iowa’s governor, GOP rivals to take a stand on carbon pipelines
- Warmer weather is on the way
- Lawsuit challenges Iowa law on sexually-graphic books, discussions of sexual orientation in K-6 classes
- Iowa players honored by B1G