Iowans who suspect someone of fudging on their taxes can now report those suspicions anonymously on-line. Iowa’s Department of Revenue and Finance now offers what it calls a “Fraud Link” on its website. Department spokeswoman Renee Mulvey says it’s specifically for people to provide tips via the Internet on suspected tax fraud by individuals, businesses or organizations. Mulvey says investigating fraud can lead to the collection of unpaid taxes and help avoid tax increases. Mulvey says all tips are carefully checked out before any action is taken. The address is “www.state.ia.us/tax”.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal