“W” will travel to the western edge of Iowa next week. Marlys Popma of the Iowa Republican Party says details of the presidential visit are a bit sketchy, though. President Bush is tentatively scheduled to visit the Omaha/Council Bluffs area on Wednesday, but Popma says the White House isn’t saying yet where he’ll be, or what issue Bush plans to focus on. Other sources indicate Bush will land in Omaha, then cross the River into Council Bluffs for a town hall meeting. Popma says if you want to see the President, hold on. Popma says more detail may be available next week.It would be Bush’s first visit to Iowa since he became President. Bush last set foot in Iowa on November 6th during a stop in Davenport.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal