The State High School Wrestling tournament opened on Thursday in Des Moines and as usual Veterans Auditorium will be packed all weekend. In fact, Saturday night’s championship session has become one of the toughest tickets in the state. Dave Harty of the Iowa High School Athletic Association says 11-thousand seven hundred tickets are available for championship night and demand greatly exceeds that. Harty says the huge crowds are due in part to the large number of schools that are represented in the tournament. Harty says the association would like to accommodate all the fans that want to see it even though they are happy the championship session is sold out.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record