Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack says President Bush has indicated he’ll be “very supportive” of the ethanol industry. Vilsack’s in Washington, D-C, where he and the rest of the nation’s Governors met with Bush this morning. Vilsack brought up the topic of ethanol.California Governor Gray Davis seeks an exemption from federal rules that will boost the use of ethanol in California. The Governors also met with the head of the E-P-A and talked about California’s request. Vilsack says he and the Governor of Illinois gave a strong statement to the EPA director against the waiver.At the state level, a legislative committee will consider a bill that would give retailers a bonus for selling lots of ethanol. Vilsack says he’ll have to review the proposal carefully as a tight state budget means there’s little room for such tax credits.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate votes to end gender balance rule for boards, commission
- Educational tour on stopping scammers to visit several Iowa cities
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges