Tax officials underestimated the amount of income tax returns the state would have to pay this year by 25-million dollars. Senate Republican Leader Stewart Iverson of Dows hopes the news helps persuade Governor Tom Vilsack to approve the 25-million dollars worth of budget cuts Republicans advanced this week.Vilsack has said the state has enough money to make it through the present budget year. He’s expected to veto about 20-million the Republican budget cutting plan.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Treehouse Village attraction to open soon at Iowa Arboretum
- Iowa Senate votes to end gender balance rule for boards, commission
- Educational tour on stopping scammers to visit several Iowa cities
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer