A stunner last night in Boise, Idaho. Tarvis Williams hit a jumper in the lane with six-point-nine seconds remaining as Hampton shocked Iowa State 58-57 in the first round of the N-C-A-A tournament’s west regional. The Cyclones had a chance to win the game but Jamaal Tinsley’s lay-up rolled off the rim as time expired. Tinsley says he was just trying to make a basket, but just happened to miss.Shane Power grabbed the Tinsley miss but could not get off a shot before time expired. He says he couldn’t believe it actually happened and everyone was shocked.Cyclone guard Kantrail Horton says Hampton deserved the victory. He says ISU didn’t come out tough enough to win the ballgame.For forward Martin Rancik, it was a bitter end to his college career. He says it’s something that will both him for the rest of his life.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Work underway on new multi million dollar terminal for Des Moines Airport
- Iowa Business Council survey finds national economic conditions weighing on the state
- Affordable housing, senior housing remain major obstacles
- Fort Dodge man accused of killing his father
- Central Iowa man charged with murder of four-month-old