Storm Lake police are investigating what’s believed to be an attempt to burn down a Buddhist temple. Members of the temple called Storm Lake police and fire officials Tuesday night and reported that someone entered the temple and tried to set it on fire. Investigators found a fire that had burned itself out. Authorities also found something believed to be an explosive device. But an examination with a portable x-ray machine revealed the device was not an explosive. The temple is not being used while members wait for a new monk. Fire and smoke damage to the building is estimated at one thousand dollars.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Ramaswamy calls on Iowa’s governor, GOP rivals to take a stand on carbon pipelines
- Warmer weather is on the way
- Lawsuit challenges Iowa law on sexually-graphic books, discussions of sexual orientation in K-6 classes
- Iowa players honored by B1G
- Iowa’s DeJean and Taylor are finalists for national awards