A Waterloo woman was lucky to escape serious injury after a thermos she found exploded in her face.Authorities say LeAnna Miller and her husband found the thermos in a ditch. The thermos contained anhydrous ammonia and exploded when Miller tried to open it. Miller was treated and released at a Waterloo hospital. Anhydrous is one of the main ingredients used to make methamphetamine. Black Hawk County officials are warning residents to not open any containers they find along the road. They are instead asked to call police.
You are here: Home / Fires/Accidents/Disasters / Waterloo woman injured when thermos explodes