Iowa Congressman Tom Latham says the House needs to revamp its Patients’ Bill of Rights, as President Bush says he won’t sign it in its current form. Bush says he wants a bill that’d expand patient protection, avoid what he calls frivolous lawsuits, and limit court awards against H-M-Os accused of misconduct. Latham, a republican from Alexander, says he fully agrees.Latham says people who need immediate medical care should get it instead of getting a lot of static from hospital and health care company bureaucrats.Congressional democrats say they will continue working toward a vote on the current Patients’ Bill of Rights.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Nunn says expelled US House, Senate members shouldn’t get gov’t pensions
- Congresswoman Hinson says legislation needed to address border issues
- Ida Grove woman charged in death of her young son
- Supreme Court reverses ruling giving Manchester man a third attempted murder trial
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities