Linn County officials have upgraded the charges against a Cedar Rapids man who’s accused of killing his sister-in-law.The Linn County Attorney is upgrading the charge against 26-year old John Buenaventura from second to first-degree murder. Buenaventura is accused of killing Sally Malacas. Officials say the 26-year old Malacas died of head injuries. Malacas’ body was found two weeks ago in the apartment building where she, her sister, and Buenaventura lived.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal