Shelby County officials are warning residents to be aware of a case of rubella diagnosed in the county. County Medical Director, Dr. Scott Markham, says a 16-month old girl was diagnosed with rubella.Rubella is the medical name for German, or three-day Measles. Markham says the disease rarely advances into a dangerous form and it’s most dangerous for pregnant women — as it can cause birth defects. Markham says it’s not something residents should be overly alarmed about, as there’s only one confirmed case.Markham says he’s recommending that parents have their child’s immunizations records checked to be sure they’re up to date. Banks.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk