This month’s Drake Relays will offer a pair of roadraces for the 33rd-straight year. The Half-Marathon will feature a 13-point-one mile course and is expected to draw more than 600 participants. The eight-K features a five-mile route that expects 900 runners. Spokesman Steve Bobenhouse says unlike the events in Drake Stadium, the roadraces draw a lot of recreational runners. Bobenhouse says the eight-K course always draws a number of competitive runners. Bobenhouse says the Half-Marathon has been popular since it replaced the full Marathon several years ago. Bobenhouse says you can enter eight events on line at www.fitnessSports.com.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk