The flooding on the Mississippi River has forced two Iowa casino riverboats to close their doors. The Isle of Capri in Marquette is closed, as is the Rhythm City riverboat in Davenport. Rhythm City Marketing Director Gwen Tombergs says they closed Wednesday. Tombergs says it could be some time before they reopen. She says they anticipate being closed for up to two-weeks. Up river in Dubuque, the Dubuque Greyhound Park and the Diamond Jo Casino remain open. Greyhound Park manager Bruce Wentworth says the floodwall has protected the city and the riverboat. The Isle of Capri in Bettendorf will likely remain open as sandbags have held off the flood waters.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk