The State Forest Nursery in Ames has one million tree and shrub seedlings available, cheap, for Iowans doing environmental planting this spring. The seedlings can be purchased for wildlife habitats, streamside buffers, shelterbelts and other conservation plantings for as little as 20-cents each in batches of at least 500 seedlings. State forester Mike Brandrup says there’re about 30 species of shrubs and trees available. He says there are plenty of pine trees available, black walnut, green ash, silver maple and a variety of shrubs. Brandrup says the seedlings are not available for ornamental purposes, as there is a minimum order of 500 trees with trees ordered in a quantity of 100. There are smaller packages available. Call the State Forest Nursery for details at 800 865-2477.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal