A packing plant in Central Iowa is closing up its operations. Farmland Foods says it’s closing its plant in Carroll that makes canned hams. Company officials say demand for that type of ham has decreased. The Carroll plant employs 150 and the company says they’ll be offered jobs at other Farmland plants. The Carroll plant has been operating since 1972.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!