The UNI-Dome in Cedar Falls will be closed for the summer beginning Monday. Northern Iowa athletic director Rick Hartzell says contractors will be completing repairs to the roof. Hartzell says there are few leak spots that will be fixed permanently in the summer. Hartzell says the repairs have been planned for months and while sports seasons won’t be affected, several summer activities will be. Summer camps and other external events will be affected, but Hartzell says it is the best time to not disrupt student life. Hartzell says the work should not affect pre-season practice for the Panther football team. Hartzell says the contractors have guaranteed him the work will be completed by August 15th.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal