The Raccoon River is expected to crest near Perry today. The river was originally expected to crest at 20 feet over the weekend, but that has been scaled back and it’s expected to crest at 17 feet sometime today. Flood stage is 13 feet. Officials had sandbagged around the water treatment plant and an electrical station, but they now don’t expect the water to get high enough to reach the facilities.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk