The U-S Supreme Court says medical necessity is not a defense for using marijuana, and that disappoints James Getman of Davenport. Getman is an Iowa leader for the “National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws.”Getman says thousands of Americans can testify that marijuana does help relieve pain better than prescription drugs.Getman says the powerful pharmaceutical industry wants to keep marijuana illegal because the plant grows out of the ground and they can’t patent it.The U-S Supreme Court has ruled that marijuana is illegal, period.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record