The state’s getting a 300-thousand dollar grant to launch a program that’ll help train principals. Governor Tom Vilsack says education officials in Iowa will develop a plan, then pick four schools as pilot projects for the initiative. Vilsack says the timing is terrific, because the new teacher pay plan counts on principals being able to motivate teachers, and judge which ones are most effective.The grant comes from the State Action for Education Leadership Project financed by the Wallace/Readers’ Digest Fund. Iowa is one of 15 states to get a grant.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Teamsters protest at Iowa Capitol over bill on union certification
- Central Iowa cyclists launch effort to build massive indoor BMX track
- Treehouse Village attraction to open soon at Iowa Arboretum
- Iowa Senate votes to end gender balance rule for boards, commission
- Educational tour on stopping scammers to visit several Iowa cities