Iowa small business owners can learn how to more effectively tap into the power of the Internet at a series of workshops over the next few weeks. Lars Peterson, associate director of the Iowa Small Business Development Center, says the workshops are not targeted toward any particular group. They’re designed to show how you can use the Internet to cut costs and make more money.Peterson says many small businesses in Iowa already have a presence on the World Wide Web but they’re not using the medium to its best potential.While dotcoms are folding daily, Peterson says he’s convinced the Internet is still the top communications tool of tomorrow.The daylong workshops will be held: May 22nd in Davenport, May 23rd in Iowa City, May 24th in Waterloo and May 29th in Council Bluffs. A fifth workshop is tentatively planned for Des Moines this summer. For more information, call 800 373-7232 or go to “www.iabusnet.org”.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Bill tightens Iowa’s ban on foreign ownership of farmland
- House sends governor repeal of Iowa’s gender balance rule for boards, commissions
- Humboldt Middle School teacher charged with sexual exploitation of a student
- Lawmaker launches converation about cutting Iowa casino taxes
- Author of the Bass Reeves trilogy to appear in Iowa tonight