An Oelwein doctor has had his license suspended by the state. Steven Cook admitted to prescribing Ritalin for three of his children, the children of a friend, and himself. The state board has ordered Cook to undergo addiction treatment, submit to drug testing and transfer his patient’s records to the Oelwein Hospital. He’s also been ordered to undergo psychological therapy and take training in record keeping and ethics. Cook has already closed his practice.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Historic West Liberty building moving today
- Opening day to submit nominating papers for Iowa’s 2024 Primary Ballot
- Record highs possible today in the 70s, with wind chills tomorrow night below zero
- Farmers are concerned about dry soil headed into planting season
- DNR confirms dead gray wolf found near Davenport