Waterloo police are investigating a shooting that happened around 1:30 this morning. Police were called out on the report of a man screaming for help. Officers found 30-year-old Shawn North at his home with a gunshot wound to his back. North was taken to University Hospitals in Iowa City where his condition is not known. Police say the wound is not believed to be life threatening. Police say they have two suspects, but no other information on the shooting is available.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature