The Special Olympics Iowa summer games are underway in Ames. The opening ceremonies are tonight in Jack Trice Stadium and Special Olympics president Rich Fellingham says they can be moved inside if the weather does not cooperate.Fellingham says they have the facilities to accommodate all the events if they need to move inside. He says that’s the advantage of holding the events at I-S-U.Fellingham says 32-hundred athletes will take part in the competition. He says they’ve moved most of their events inside already.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!