The leader of a group pushing for wholesale reform of the Medicare system is lining up Iowans to join the lobbying effort. Dorcas Hardy was Social Security Commissioner from 1986 to ’89, and she was in Iowa yesterday, working for the group “Citizens for Better Medicare”.Hardy says Congress should reform the system rather than just pile on more benefits.Hardy’s group supports the idea of a “basic benefit” Medicare package, with additional benefit options similar to the health insurance plan for federal employees.Hardy’s group wants a special board set up to decide what the alternative coverage options should be rather than have Congress make those decisions.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!