Blood centers are always talking about donors giving the gift of life. Now the Iowa State Fair is looking for people to help give the gift of light. The historic fairgrounds is buying 65 ornamental lampposts which will be permanently installed, with the help of fans of the fair.Robin Lage, special programs manager for the State Fair Blue Ribbon Foundation, says people who love the fair can donate one-thousand dollars to underwrite the cost of a lamp post, then get a special plaque engraved on the post.Lage says the lampposts are of high quality and are very decorative in an old-fashioned sort of way.For more information, call 800-450-3732 or surf to “www.blueribbonfoundation.org” on the Internet.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal