The Iowa-based McLeodUSA Communications Company will lay off hundreds of workers. The telecommunications company announced its changes at a big stockholder meeting today in Cedar Rapids. Five percent of the workforce, or about 600 of its 11-thousand 500 employees, will be told they’re being laid off. McLeodUSA will cut capital expenditures by 300 million dollars and its website newsletter says the company will take a onetime charge about seven million dollars to cover costs of those layoffs. Known for phone directories, McLeodUSA also offers local phone service, Internet and video fiber-optic connections to customers in all 50 states.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk